- Course Objective
- Build C# .NET applications using Visual Studio.
- Create Windows Forms applications.
- Use ADO.NET to access SQL Server.
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts and experience in an object oriented programming language such as Java, C++, C.
- What You Get
- C# .NET textbook
- Course slides
- Course notes and exercises.
- Hardware and Software Requirments
- Windows with Visual Studio (Express) and SQL Server (Express).
- Course Outline
Introduction to C#
- .NET SDK
- Visual Studio
- .NET Framework Introduction (CLR, IL, CLS, FCL)
- Reference VS. Value Types
- Boxing, UnBoxing
- Passing Method Parameters
- Access Specifiers
- Primitive datatypes
- Implicit and explicit casting
- Control flow
Classes and Objects
- Single-file Assemblies
- Multi-file Assemblies
- Assembly Deployment
- Global Assembly Cache
- Strong Named Assemblies
- Assembly Loading
- Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Overriding Finalize Method
- Implementing Dispose Method
- List, Dictionary, ArrayList, Hashtable
Advanced Type Members
- Operator Overloading
Building a Windows Forms Application
- Application class
- Windows controls
- Connection, Command, DataAdapter
- Introduction to C#
I like the way the course is designed so that the emphasis is on presenting the material from the programmer's point of view. This is in contrast to other hands on courses, where the emphasis is more on knowing how to use the UI. Elizabeth Moore (Passport Canada)
The course was well-taught from a teacher who has extensive industry and teaching experience. Combined with his meticulous attention to detail, genuine sincerity in improving his students' skillset, and unbeatable price, it would be hard to find another course with similar offerings elsewhere. Will Au (Cre8Object)
I like the fact that we do our labs at home and can discuss at the next one. I think the technical theory is excellent. It gives the right amount of details of what happens in the background in order to understand the whole picture. Stephane St. Denis (Passport Canada)
Great knowledge, teacher has a well documented answer for every question asked, was never stumped and answer is given right away. Teacher does not have to look for the answers, he knows what he is talking about. Benoit Hamelin (Passport Canada)
The course is very comprehensive in content; the exercises reinforce concepts intensively, interlinking the hands on aspects. Piyush Sharma (Consultant with Ajilon Canada)